Before your appointment:
- You must arrange to have someone drive you home at the end of your appointment and assist you to your door. You should not go home using public transit.
- Wear comfortable, casual and loose-fitting clothing.
- Contact us prior to the appointment if there has been a change in your general health (such as a severe cold, fever, etc.).
- Do not drink or eat during the 2 hours leading up to the procedure.
- Make a trip to the washroom just prior to being seated in the dentist’s chair.
Following your appointment:
- You must not drive a car or operate machinery for at least 18 hours. You may be drowsy for the remainder of the day and should be recovering at home in the care of a responsible adult until you are fully alert.
- Do not travel by public transit.
- Do not drink any alcoholic beverages for the remainder of the day.
If you have any questions, do not hesitate to call our office!